Florida: Day 6

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Apparently we got new neighbors last night. One of our doors connects to their room (it's locked of course), and I'm pretty sure it goes straight into their bathroom. I could hear them showering, farting, and yelling at each other (or talking very loudly with each other) in a foreign language. They also like to slam doors, and they brought a crying baby with them. They woke me up like 934138 times this morning.

We all slept in today--besides Mom. She went to Mcdonalds and picked up some breakfast for us. Right after breakfast I was ready to hit the beach. So, that's what I did.

Later, I ate lunch in the hotel, then made lunch for Mom and took it down to the beach for her. She was on the beach for 5 hours straight--under and umbrella, of course. She would fry in 10 minutes. I only put SPF 15 on today and I'm starting to feel a little tingly. I hope I didn't burn.

Anyways, the beach was fun as usual. Amy and I went into the ocean with our inner tubes, but she had a harder time getting in hers than I did. She tipped over and went underwater. It was hilarious--twice. Ha ha. We floated around for a while, then got in the pool. The pool water felt like bath water compared to the ocean.

We packed up our stuff and came in from the beach at about 4 o'clock. We went to a pizza place called DaVinci's. There were a ton of loud, annoying, immature college kids talking about how drunk they're going to get tonight and how much they'll be hurting tomorrow. Why would you want to ruin a whole day of your vacation? That just doesn't make sense to me.

After pizza, we went to Wings across the street to shop around a little bit. I bought my yearly turtle (I get one every time I go on vacation) and a shot glass. Once we got back to the hotel, we walked down to the Saint Patrick's Day Festival down by the pier. Mom and I immediately got a margarita. It was pretty tasty. There were two different stages--one playing live Irish music and the other playing more current hits like my favorite, "Poker Face." I went into my favorite shop and bought a Lauderdale by the Sea photo album and a key chain. Then, Amy, Dad, and I got some ice cream while Mom stayed by the more current band's stage grooving to the music.

Dad and I were tired, so we headed back to the hotel while Amy and Mom stayed with the band. I took my nightly jacuzzi bath, wonderful as always.

One more day!

P.S. I almost forgot. We made our reservation for next year already. We'll be on the 4th floor, directly above our current suite. I can't wait to come back, and we haven't even left yet!
NEW! Facebook Comments


Post a Comment